Monday, November 3, 2014

It's Never Too Late - Cosmetic Dentistry

http://www.drtimmerman.com/

This post falls under the category of; it's never too late.  Whether that means learning a new language, working on your health & fitness, starting a new career or fixing your teeth.  In my case, I'm getting my teeth fixed. 
Yep, at age 45, I'm finally doing something about my jacked up grill.  I've never had braces and I've never had my wisdom teeth removed.  Since my wisdom teeth are in, my teeth have become so crowded that it's almost impossible to floss.  Another part of my issue is, as a kid, I had a root canal on one of my front teeth and it's a slightly darker shade than the rest of my teeth, even after professional whitening treatments.  My teeth aren't crazy messed up, but when I smile, it's usually with a closed mouth.  It's just something I'm self-conscious about and I've always wanted to fix it.

Listen, I've never been a fan of going to the dentist and I don't know anyone who is.  It makes me uncomfortable and I try to avoid it at all cost.  I gotta say however, I found an amazing dentist here in the Seattle area, Dr. Lance Timmerman.

Full disclosure: I met Dr. Timmerman when he hired me to take his headshot a few months ago.  He's been a Facebook friend for a few months and he's continually taking advanced training courses to update his credentials and services.  It's pretty inspiring and I'm writing this purely on my own.

It might seem weird that I'm writing about a dentist, but he's as good as they come.  He has more certifications in and around the field of dentistry than anyone else I've seen and they do just about everything in-house.  He offers much more than your average dentist and that's a big reason why I trust him.

He's recommending that I do the "6-month braces".  Apparently, it's like the traditional brackets that get mounted on your teeth, but the brackets are clear and the wires are tooth-colored.  They offer way more control over tooth movement than Invisilign trays (what I originally thought about doing), and the process is a lot faster.  I go in tomorrow for my first visit.  Wish me luck!  I plan on updating the blog during the process to let you know how things are progressing.

Go check out his site and watch the videos to learn more about him and what he can do.

:)

0 comments:

Post a Comment