Thursday, September 11, 2014

New Casual Sport Jacket from H&M


I'm always on the hunt for a good-looking & great-fitting casual kick-around jacket that can transition from work to play.  About two weeks ago we were at the mall and decided on a whim to stop into the H&M store.  I have to admit, I'm not a huge H&M fan.  The garment quality isn't that great, the fabrics look and feel low rent and most of what they have is for a younger demographic.


So imagine my surprise when I found this great-fitting jacket for only $69.  There wasn't a tag on it so I'm not entirely sure what the fabric blend is, but I'm assuming it's some sort of cotton/linen/wool/poly/synthetic mash-up.  It's a nice navy blue with gray fleck.  Regardless, it looks good, it fits good and it was only $69.

I did have to take it to my tailor and have the sleeves shortened because they were way too long.  So long in fact that the buttons had to be relocated.  It's important to keep tailoring in mind when shopping.  The sleeve length would've otherwise been a deal breaker and prevented me from buying it, but I knew my tailor could fix it.

Anyhow, if you're looking for inexpensive, casual kick-around items, go check out H&M.

Jeans: Banana Republic
Chino's and shirt: Express
Pocket Square: TheTieBar.com
Watch: Daniel Wellington

 
 
 
 
 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment