Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Do You Care?




I’m not quite sure how I should start this, so I’ll just ask a question.. Do you care how you look?
Let me back up a bit.   
I was recently at a friend’s birthday party and overheard a guy I know talking to another guy I didn’t know.  They were talking about shaving their heads in the summer months or something and the one guy I didn’t know blurted out; “Who gives a shit how I look”.  I bit my tongue for a minute, but I couldn’t let it go and I had to respond even though I wasn’t directly involved in the conversation.  “Oh come on.. you can’t just let yourself go”, I said.  He replied; “I don’t care.  I don’t care about my hair and I don’t care about my weight”.

Flabbergasted.

Now, I don’t know the guy and I don’t know his history, but for a grown man to say this out loud in public really blew me away.  Does he even know what message this is sending?  I’m a complete stranger and I instantly felt this guy was a total downer.  I could sense he didn’t care about his life, his job or his family.  Who wants to be around that kind of person?  It’s completely possible I’m wrong, but I’m just calling it like I saw it.

Think for a second and turn that around.  What if you wife told you she didn’t care about the way she looked and completely let herself go?  Would you care about that as her husband?  How do you think she feels to hear her husband say he doesn’t care how he looks?  Do you think it’s disrespectful to his wife for him not to care about himself…?  To not care about her enough to make an effort?
Do you really think women want to be with a man who doesn’t care about his looks or himself? 
Do you want a wife who doesn’t care how she looks?

Seriously.
Get over yourself and your childish macho obsession with being a rebel.  That got played out when you were 14.  As a man, it’s your job to care.  It’s your job to teach your children to care.  It’s your job to care about yourself so other women in the room get jealous of your wife when you both walk in.  Well.. maybe not so much that last one, but you get the point.  Seriously though.. :)

Caring is cool.  Not caring is just ridiculous.

[end rant]



0 comments:

Post a Comment