Thursday, November 6, 2014

3 Ways To Wear - Cardigan Sweater

I've been meaning to get this post up this for the last few days and I'm glad I finally have the chance. I feel like one of the biggest problems guys have is not knowing how to wear something, or not knowing what to wear it with.  Guys will find something they like in the store, but struggle with how they'd actually wear it or what it goes with.  In this post, I hope to address that problem.

One of the staple items for fall is a sweater.  More specifically, the cardigan sweater.  Now, I'm not talking about the chunky, heavy knit cardigans from the 1970's.  I'm talking about trim fit, lightweight cardigans that can layer with just about anything.  The sweater I'm using as an example is the Navy one above from Banana Republic (click here for the direct link)

The first method is ultra casual.  I went for a weekend feel with a plain white t-shirt, tan chino's and white fashion sneakers.  Go with the cardigan buttoned or unbuttoned in this look, but always leave the bottom button un-done, regardless.
Chino's: Banana Republic
Shoes: Puma
T-Shirt: Gap
Next up is still casual, but slightly more elevated.  I went with grey jeans, a blue gingham shirt and brown boots with a brown belt.  The boots & jeans dresses this down a bit while still remaining polished and current.  Swap out the grey denim for light or dark wash denim and go with black boots or your favorite loafer.  The options are endless.
Jeans: Gap
Shirt: Express
Boots: Aldo
The last look is the style monster.  I started with textured grey wool trousers, brown shoes and a navy suit jacket.  The easy choice would've been a white or blue dress shirt, but I went with pink, just because.  To top it off, I paired up a blue polka-dot tie with a pocket square with a blue border.  This look works just about anywhere this time of year and you'll absolutely kill it at holiday parties.
There's about a million different ways to make up outfits using one staple item.  The trick is to not over think it and do your own thing. :)
Trousers: Banana Republic
Shirt: Express
Jacket: Indochino
Shoes: Allen Edmonds
Tie: Banana Republic
Pocket Square: The Tie Bar

0 comments:

Post a Comment