Monday, October 6, 2014

The Perfect Jeans?



Okay, I’m not usually one to get all excited about a new pair of jeans, but I’m about to make an exception.  I have found what may, quite possibly, be the best fitting & most comfortable pair of jeans I’ve ever owned. 


The Traveler Jean from Banana Republic.
I was at Banana Republic the other day spending some of my winnings from the Bellevue Collection ‘Street Style’ contest, when I saw these jeans.  I haven’t seen them before so I figured I’d try them on.  They come in a dark blue wash, grey and indigo blue.  The sign on the table said ‘skinny’ so I almost passed them up since I’m not really interested in skinny-fit jeans. 
I was completely shocked at how they fit.  They’re not skinny, but they are slim, but in a good way.  I consider them to be a tailored fit with room where you want room.  They’re soft, lightweight and have a stretch element in the fabric.  You know how when you put on a pair of jeans straight from the dryer and squat down... they feel stiff with a lot of resistance?  These have zero resistance because of the stretch.  I’m serious, zero resistance.  It’s almost like wearing sweat pants.  The web site says they’re machine washable and made from 79% cotton, 19% polyester & 2% polyurethane.  It also says the denim is quick dry and breathable with excellent elasticity that enhances body movement.  They’re also available in big & tall.
The bottom line is, they fit amazing and feel better than any pair of jeans I think I’ve ever worn.  That’s a pretty bold statement, but that’s how I feel.  I highly encourage you to go try some.  If nothing else, just go put them on and squat down to understand where I’m coming from.
The price can be a sticking point however.  How much would you pay for the best fitting & most comfortable jeans ever?  $50… $100…$150?  They cost $118.  Usually, $100 is my limit for jeans and they have to be amazing to justify even spending that much, but these are in a whole other league and worth the price in my opinion.  You just gotta go try them on to understand.  If the fit isn’t right for you, no problem.  Try their ‘Heritage’ jeans or their ‘Vintage Straight’ jeans.  Both of these are great options also.

0 comments:

Post a Comment